We have an exciting opportunity to join our team at LC Vehicle Hire as an HGV Technician Apprentice where you will be working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to service, maintain & repair a range of different manufacturer light and heavy commercial vehicles, Feel this could be the role for you? Apply today!
Closing date: 30 Dec 2023
£5.30 per hour, being reviewed in April to increase.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Feb 2024
09 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Learning the fundamentals of HV technologies - HV chassis, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic & air braking, electrical systems, & testing
- Ensure all job cards & service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Liaise with parts department to identify & order parts
- To represent LC Vehicle Hire in a professional & courteous manner
The training you will be getting
Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus, Thornborough Road, Coalville LE67 3TN will include:
- Delivery of HGV Maintenance Technician Level 3 - Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English (if applicable)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full employment to candidate after the completion of the apprenticeship scheme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE SMB GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.