Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Springbank Primary Academy Springbank Primary Academy
Springbank Primary Academy are seeking a teaching assistant apprentice to join their exceptional team, completing the Level 3 TA qualification whilst learning practically on the job. Support and guidance will be provided, we are seeking an eager to learn, enthusiastic aspiring learning assistant.
Closing date: 06 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
08 Dec 2023
06 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting all pupils with whom they come into contact to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical and emotional development.
- Working with individual pupils with special needs.
- Working with groups of children to support their learning.
- Developing pupil’s attitude to learning
- Provide pastoral support for pupils who are exhibiting behaviour, emotional or social problems in school.
- Working with the teacher, implement a range of strategies and solutions to ensure that pupils can overcome barriers to learning and maximise opportunities provided for them in school.
Support for the Teacher
- To prepare classroom equipment, work and resources and tidy as appropriate.
- To assist and support the class teacher to assess individuals and groups of children and to report problems and concerns to the class teacher.
- To provide information to support the report for the annual review meeting for pupils specifically in their charge.
- To regularly liaise with the class teacher regarding pupil progress and well being
- On occasion, and under the direction of the class teacher be responsible for larger groups of children.
- Support for the Curriculum
- To develop a knowledge of Literacy, Numeracy and other National Curriculum subjects relevant to pupils’ abilities.
- To develop a broad knowledge of special needs and how teaching methods are adapted to meet these needs.
- To develop and adapt resources to support the curriculum.
- To facilitate pupils’ access to the curriculum.
Support for the School
- Recognise own strengths and areas of specialist expertise and use these to lead, advise and support others.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety equal opportunities reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- To attend relevant in-service training.
- To liaise and consult with other members of the team including the SENCO.
- To be aware of school procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To maintain links between home and school via home school books.
- To undertake duties, falling within the remit of this post, at the discretion of the Head Teacher.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school as exemplified in the staff charter.
- Support individual pupils and groups across the whole curriculum under the direction of the Class Teacher.
- Support individual pupils with emotional and behavioural problems.
- Support pupils with complex medical needs as identified in their
- Intimate Care Plan or Individual Health Care Plan
- Display pupils work to create a stimulating environment and raise students’ self-esteem.
- Assist the class teacher with the setting up and clearing away of equipment in practical areas.
- Accompany pupils on educational trips ‘off site’ (within your normal working hours)
- Participate in INSET days and other training
- Register a class and carry out associated duties, under the direction of the class teacher.
- Implement the school behaviour policy, so as it ensure it is understood and applied by all members of the school community.
- Be dynamic and supportive when de-escalating incidents when a pupil is in crisis, report and record such incidents.
The training you will be getting
- Working towards Level 3 Teaching assistant qualification. Across an expected duration of 16 months.
- LMP Education (Training Provider) will offer a remote online learning style, alongside full time job. With a minimum of 1 monthly session with your tutor.
- Training will be delivered in a blended format, with online learning and face to face sessions through your work place mentor and tutor.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Potential to be offered a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship, however this cannot be guaranteed.
Progression route - Level 4 Higher level teaching assistant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths/Function Skills Level 2 (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Springbank Primary Academy
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.