Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator LONDON DRAINAGE FACILITIES LTD
With over 17 years within the drainage industry, we are beyond excited to be expanding our team. With a healthy and growing pipeline of work, we are looking for a talented and driven Contract Administrator to join our team. Duties will include; Provide an efficient and effective administrator support service to our Health and Safety Team Organising health and safety initiatives Support with working on policies and procedures
Closing date: 29 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Mar 2024
10 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Provide an efficient and effective administrator support service to our Health and Safety Team
- Organising health and safety initiatives
- Support with working on policies and procedures
- Carry out audits
- Update health and safety policies and procedures
- Keep training records updated, whilst booking internal and external training courses for employees
- Monitoring incidents and accidents
- Supporting colleagues with health, safety and welling topics across the organisation
Skill set and experience
- Proven administration skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Display an excellent use of initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail is expected.
- Proven track record of prioritising and organizing work
The training you will be getting
- You will achieve the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- You will need to attend workshops via Teams.
- You will have a Mentor who will work with you on a one to one basis.
- In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- There will be ongoing opportunities for progression for the right candidate upon completion of their apprenticeship.
- Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.