Early Years Educator Apprentice - Oasis Long Cross OASIS COMMUNITY LEARNING
The successful candidate will be working within a committed team to ensure that all the children are given the best opportunities to play and learn during their time at the Academy and will be working closely with the children’s parents and carers. Your role will be to work with our 2 – 3 year olds.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2023
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £5.28 an hour.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
10 Dec 2023
05 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
JOB PURPOSE: To provide a higher level of learning support to children either on an individual or group basis. Undertake the direct learning of larger groups of pupils or a whole class for longer periods of time during teaching sessions to achieve progress in learning, this may include pupils who have Special Educational Needs.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Experience and knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
• High expectations for achievement and behaviour
• The energy and creativity to inspire and motivate children
• A positive and forward thinking outlook
• The ability to work as part of a team and individually
Under the supervision of the EYFS Lead:
- Plan and teach resources and assess pupils progress in learning, this may include:
- Modelling learning as directed by the EYFS Lead
- Making significant judgment/assessments to learning activities to make them accessible for all pupils
- Lead on intervention programs, as selected by the EYFS Lead
- Making significant decisions, advise or offer feedback, about the direction of a pupil’s learning, sometimes independently from the EYFS Lead. This includes making significant alterations to learning activities to make them accessible for pupils.
- Provide whole class organization and resourcing.
- Providing feedback, usually verbal, to pupils during learning episodes about the quality of their learning, saying what they have done well and what they need to improve
- Communicating pupil’s achievements to the EYFS Lead, this may be in written form i.e. notes on plans or filling in a given proforma
- Supervising children at break times, on a rota
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Early years educator / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full-time employment upon completion of the appenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.