Working in a team of 3 we require someone who can come in and help keep daily banking, invoicing (supplier and customer) and monthly reconciliation up to date. We are a £17M turnover company to there is plenty to do and learn! We use Sage extensively so someone who is learning this software is required.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
05 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Supports the Accounting Manager on a day-to-day basis.
- Keeping accounting systems updated and monitoring of.
- Inputting of supplier invoices
- Daily banking transaction processing
- Supplier payments and customer receivables process
dealing directly with our external partners both in the trade and utility.
- Aged creditor and debtor monitoring/chasing
- Account opening processing
- Monthly reconciliation for bank, credit and finance accounts and investigating/solving issues.
The training you will be getting
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 2 Accounts/ Finance Assistant a Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.