This is a position in a unique heritage railway setting aboard a heritage coach. Offering fine dining to a slap-up breakfast you will learn to handle the perils of a kitchen on the move. Working with a eclectic mix of young and old, paid and volunteers we offer dining behind a steam locomotive to over 9,000 people a year.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2024
This is a starting amount and can increase as the work ethic is shown. Bonus are available and tips are spit between all.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Feb 2024
04 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Food ordering
- Time keeping
- Maintaining a excellent level of cleanliness
- Working with volunteers to load and unload the train of it food requirements
- Responding to emails and reviews with the office staff
- Carrying out running maintanice as this is a very hands on set up with the job changing daily in terms of what is required next
- Weekend working
The training you will be getting
- Laptop Provided
- Safe Clean working space with your own desk
- Commis Chef Qualification level 2
- Personal Track Safety for the Heritage Railway
- First Aid Training
- Computer Skills Training
- Atleast 1 day a week learning in the work place as well as the time spent at college
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Stay on to help lead the railway into a postive future with the dining train, with a view to later become management. We believe strongly in growing our own staff into positisons as aposed to dropping people in. This is a job for life if the person wants it. We would like to put them though more courses and happy to support them through university if they wish to go or find a course that suits them.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.