The East Kent Colleges Group is home to three amazing nurseries serving students, staff, and the local community from our Broadstairs, Canterbury, and Folkestone College campuses, and thanks to our popularity, we're looking for a Nursery Apprentice based in Canterbury. You will be working towards your Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2023
16-17 year old - £17,137, 18-22 year old- £19,153, 23+ - £19,960
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
22 Dec 2023
04 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Undertake day to day nursery duties to ensure high standards of care, cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
- To understand and adhere to EKC Groups policies and procedures.
- Developing partnerships with parents / carers of the children to ensure they are engaged in the child’s education and development.
- Support the work of the Early Years Teachers and Managers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the Early years settings aims and objectives..
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator
Apprentices must successfully complete a paediatric first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Early years educator / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A possible full-time position upon completion.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
East Kent College
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.