You will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience working with children and families, whilst earning a wage. You will be able to learn from experienced professionals, develop your skills in a supportive environment, and, you will be able to work towards a nationally recognized qualification that can help you progress in your career .
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
This pay rate is above National Minimum Wage
Term time only. Pay is pro rata and the hourly rate is £5.40 .x 33 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
04 Jan 2024
30 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting children’s learning and development through planned and purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Looking after children’s health and wellbeing,supervising children at mealtimes, changing, and administering first aid
- Observing and recording children’s progress and development, and communicating with parents/carers
- Providing a safe and enabling environment for children, staff and others
- Working as part of a team to ensure each child feels safe and secure
The training you will be getting
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Online delivery
Level 2 Early Years Qualification
Course usually delivered online while working in the preschool term time only five days per week. Time will be given to study in the preschool.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Pre-School Assistant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
QUEST TRAINING SOUTH EAST LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.