A fantastic opportunity to be trained as a dental nurse in a busy thriving Dental Practice. The opportunity will lead to full time employment and offer career progression once in post. Duties include assisting other dental health professionals, providing chair side support and a high level of patient care.
Closing date: 12 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
03 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Meeting, greeting and caring for patients in a polite and professional manner at all times
- Working closely with the dentist or hygienist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Providing chair-side assistance during all dental procedures, using four-handed dentistry and remaining a step ahead at all times
- Updating computer records, patient's personal files, taking notes and recording clinical assessments
- Cleaning the surgery to a high standard, maintaining strict cross infection control and adhering to policies and standards as set by the GDC in line with The Health Technical Memoranda
- Preparing instruments and materials before and during treatments and maintaining stock control Re-processing re-usable items in the correct manner to ensure sterilisation has been appropriately achieved.
The training you will be getting
- Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you'll receive a Level 3 Dental Nursing Advanced qualification.
- Training will take place at Radbrook Dental Practice.
- You will be working/training with the employer 5 days a week and receive frequent visits from your Assessor.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On completion of this Level 3 Dental Nursing Advanced Apprenticeship the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse, and complete a range of Level 4 qualifications, such as Oral Health or Radiography.
Alternatively, full-time employment with the employer is available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.