An exciting opportunity to join the maintenance team for an established transport and logistics company. You'll benefit from the expert knowledge of experienced commercial vehicle technicians. Duties include learning to diagnose, repair and service a range of large commercial vehicles.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
14 Dec 2023
03 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Shadowing experienced HGV techninicans, you will learn to:
- Carry out the basic tasks with tools and equipment common to all procedures involving basic mechanical and electrical procedures related to HV
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop and adhere to the company and legislative processes
- Use a range of diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment to identify faults and underlying causes on HV’s
- Carry out final quality checks before handover to the customer without supervision
The training you will be getting
Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance technician Level 3 Standard Apprenticeship.
All duties, training and end point assessment to take place at employer site (Birmingham B6 7EP), with no day release required.
Tutor intervention every 4 to 6 weeks over the course of the 36 month qualification.
Functional skills level 2 maths & English, if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A permanent contract and pay rise will be offered to the right candidate upon successful completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
STAFF SELECT LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.