Level 2 Equine Groom Apprentice for Busy Riding School Brampton Stables
Brampton Stables are offering an apprenticeship position alongside their skilled team. Previous experience is not essential, as they will mentor and guide you, as well as offering BHS stages and additional training, such as safeguarding and first aid, if desired. Duties will include mucking out, tacking up and feeding.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Dec 2023
02 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are looking for someone to join our team on a Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship on the riding pathway.
We are a busy riding school and looking for someone to come and work with the existing team to take part in general yard duties including:
- Mucking out
- Tacking up
The training you will be getting
- Equine groom Level 2 (GCSE)
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- Four weekly training will take place at the workplace with a dedicated Haddon Training Trainer Coach
- Training and mentoring will be offered by the workplace
- A level 3 qualification is available on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Training on site with internal and external coaches
- Additional qualifications can be taken including first aid and safeguarding as well as BHS Stages if desired
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Opportunity to progress onto the level 3 apprenticeship and work through BHS stages, including teaching.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.