Middleton Livery are looking for an enthusiastic person to join their friendly team. We are looking for a full time groom to join the team, perfect for someone wanting to start their career in the equine industry. Duties include: mucking out, turning out/bringing in tack cleaning.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Dec 2023
02 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- Paddock maintenance
- First aid
- Riding, hacking and leading
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Assisting at shows and events
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards achieving the Level 2 Equine Groom apprenticeship
- You will also work towards your level 1 or 2 maths or English Functional Skills qualification if required
- All training will be done at the employers premises with the employer and Haddon Training.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Possibility of progression on to the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom apprenticeship or full time employment on completion of Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.