There is an excellent opportunity to start a career in accountancy and to progress and grow within the company for the right candidate who is enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills, full training will be provided.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
£11,500 Aged 16 - 17 £11,500 Aged 18 - 20
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
29 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The main purpose of the role is to complete a wide range of audit and accounting related duties to include:
- Assisting with our internal workflow management system including booking in of client records
- Providing a bookkeeping service for clients
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparation of other statutory forms for filing with Companies House
- Use of accounting packages to include; SAGE, XERO and IRIS
- Preparation of management and year end accounts for sole traders, partnerships and Limited companies
- Company secretarial matters
- Other associated tasks as required
The training you will be getting
Accounts / Finance Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship
Applicants should be keen to develop a career in accountancy and be able to attend weekly day release sessions for the AAT level 2 Apprenticeship at Access Training on Team Valley, Gateshead.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Ribchesters are keen supporters of progression and meet with all staff on a bi-annual basis to discuss potential progression opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum Grade A*-C / 4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
RIBCHESTERS GROUP LIMITED
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.