Tronox are looking for Process Apprentices to be based at their Stallingborough site. Successful applicants will receive practical and theoretical training in chemical processing which will fully equip them for a career in Chemical Manufacture.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
29 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The business is looking for an Apprentice to train alongside our existing experienced team of Process Operators on all aspects of operational and process duties . As an apprentice you will study a range of programmes working towards a Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship standard, covering a variety of skills and qualifications while earning a wage and completing invaluable practical skills in industry and you can expect to cover the following duties:.
Main Duties and responsibilities;
1. Start-up & shutdown the plant process as per operating procedures.
2. Operating the plant and process within the set production and safety & quality parameters.
3. Take samples as per the sampling schedule and procedure.
4. Complete daily logs and make notes of operational events and communicate to the Shift Team Leader and oncoming shift team.
5. Assist in the commissioning of new plant and equipment.
6. Carry out permit to work isolations, de-isolations
7. Report any Health & Safety issues / incidents
8. Report any Engineering issues
9. Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained on plant.
1. Ensure correct stock control of any raw materials used on plant.
2. Ensure control of emergency equipment and PPE in the area.
3. Ensure correct control of any waste streams and assist in the management of the controlled waste zone.
Initially based at The Catch facility (Stallingborough) then on site based at Laporte Road, Stallingborough, Grimsby, DN40 2PR following a shift pattern – were apprentices are required to work both the day and night shift with experienced process operators to gain hands on learning.
The training you will be getting
During this three year programme, you will undertake off the job training at The Catch for the first 16 months. Further training will be provided by experienced Operator team members / you will receive specific on the job training by a mentor on your designated shift for the remaining duration.
You will also be supported by a dedicated assessor who will guide and mentor you throughout your apprenticeship. You will undertake The Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship and you will be required to undertake an end-point assessment. Successful achievement of the end-point assessment will lead to final certification of the apprenticeship.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On completion of the apprenticeship, successful candidates could secure a role in a successful, dynamic company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HCF CATCH LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Science manufacturing technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.