IT Solutions Technician Apprenticeship Tronox Holding Plc
Tronox are looking for an IT Solutions Technician Apprentice at their Stallingborough plant. This apprenticeship provides the opportunity to achieve industry recognised qualifications from REMIT Training whilst gaining valuable experience in a unique and challenging IT environment. Desktop PC, networking, and mobile device support.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
29 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
An exciting opportunity has arisen to learn and work with the European IT Team in a large successful global chemical manufacturing company.
Tronox are looking for an IT Solutions Technician Apprentice to start an 18-month Apprenticeship Program at the Stallingborough plant. This apprenticeship provides the opportunity to achieve industry recognised qualifications from REMIT Training whilst gaining valuable experience in a unique and challenging IT environment.
The European Infrastructure Support team play an important role within the IT Organisation at Tronox. They are a technical team that are involved in supporting the European sites from PC and user support right the way up to servers, switches, datacentres and various project work.
You would support the team in the smooth operations within the department; resolving queries and enquirys directly with end users to a high level of customer satisfaction whilst having other responsibilities working alongside your experienced colleagues. Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Desktop PC, networking, and mobile device support
- Computer hardware life cycling
- Application software installation and maintenance
- Daily backup and Data Centre health checks
- Project work to include, network switches and cabling, server hardware installation and upgrades
The training you will be getting
REMIT Training will deliver the apprenticeship program. You will have a dedicated tutor and access to online training.
The candidate will achieve:
Level 3 It Solutions Technician (pathway 2) Standard
Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Applies a professional methodology or framework in their work tasks.
- Executes appropriate due diligence, including formal testing or validation
- Applies a range of technical IT skills, including accessing remote systems; file manipulation; file editing, changing system or application settings; system administration; setting up and upgrading components (infrastructure or software);
- Operates in line with organisational polices, standards, legislation, security requirements, professional ethics, privacy and confidentiality; and understands escalation policies.
- Creates and maintains documentation in accordance with best practice, organisational guidance and legislation.
- Identifies appropriate technical solutions using both logical and creative thinking.
- Diagnoses and understands client requirements and problems using sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicates effectively in a variety of situations including formal and informally both within their team and externally.
- Operates securely across all their areas of responsibility, in line with organisational guidance and legislation
- Following the Hardware Solutions pathway - You will also cover the following training; -
- Works at any stage of the software solution lifecycle
- Undertakes maintenance of a range of contemporary or legacy software solutions to required levels of service
- Installs and configures software system components including virtualised components where appropriate
- Writes or maintains simple scripts or code
- Can search and manipulate different types of data sources, including both structured and unstructured
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
This position provides a fantastic platform for moving on to other roles within the IT industry, and also has the potential for employment at the end of the contract.
Experience gained here will be valuable in any IT Organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.