We have an exciting new opportunity for an apprenticeship to join our team.You will develop skills to a high standard of general garden maintenance and services for our customers. Some duties will include grass cutting, hedge trimming, weeding, and flower bed maintenance. This will be your first step towards a career at gardenia gardens ltd.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Feb 2024
02 Oct 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
You will need to be physically fit with a can-do attitude and be honest and punctual. Also Flexible as working hours can change to cover clients needs, including weekends.
Duties will include:
- General maintenance e.g., grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves
- Horticulture activities e.g., planting, pruning, and seeding
- Operate light power tools
- Undertake Vehicle and cutting equipment checks
- Weeding, turning boarders
- Edging lawns
The training you will be getting
- You will have the opportunity to work towards additional qualifications
- Course options after this programme
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Landscape and Amenity Horticulture
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
We are hoping you will join the team full time after the apprenticeship is completed.
We offer a high-quality college bus service which collects over 1,400 students every day from across Cheshire and surrounding areas. This makes getting to Reaseheath easy, safe and affordable for all of our students.
- Hard landscaper
- Decorative landscaper
- Grounds maintenance operator
- Grounds commercial growers
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.