An amazing opportunity has become available to join a team of Laboratory technicians as an apprentice working for 3D Bio-Tissues to be part of the product and manufacturing laboratory developed media, skin and corneas for both research and retail purposes.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
25 Jan 2024
28 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To be part of the product and manufacturing laboratory developed media, skin and corneas for both research and retail purposes.
- Be able adapt and work within Health and Safety regulations and company policies.
- Support quality control procedures of equipment and manufactured products.
- Work within a sterile and aseptic technique environment
- Work to a high standard of cleanliness
- Work within a team to meet the needs of the department, company deadlines and client needs
- Calibrate and maintain a range of equipment including, pH meters, pipettes, centrifuges, and incubators.
- Applicants much have a good attention to detail, work efficiently, work to deadlines and be a team player
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 standard Laboratory Technician
- All training will take place on site, no day or block release
- End point assessment
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.