Coxhoe Dental Practice are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing and will support with the day to day running of the surgery as well as reception when required.
Closing date: 12 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
21 Jan 2024
28 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Taking responsibility for the decontamination of instrument.
- Maintaining dental operating equipment.
- Ensuring that all relevant materials and supplies are in place.
- Looking after patient records – including making notes when the dentist is examining a patient.
- Working on reception, handling calls, triaging patients, administrative duties.
- Working closely with the dentist, responding quickly to requests and generally keeping the surgery ready for us.
- Working closely with patients.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- Day release at one of our Training facilities in Newcastle, Sunderland or Middlesbrough.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Depending on the circumstances of the business and upon completion of the apprenticeship programme, there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.