A fantastic opportunity with Derbyshire Constabulary based at their Force Headquarters in Ripley. The purpose of this role is to provide a customer focused, effective and efficient service to the Regional forces.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
27 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Raising of customers invoices
- Cash receipting and banking entries
- Processing of overtime and expenses
- Reconciliation of accounts
- General administration functions, eg photocopying, scanning, filing and archiving.
- Use of Microsoft office Agresso Finance system
The role will provide a variety of duties to give experience of administration in the Finance industry. There may be an opportunity for the apprentice to work in Strategic Finance. This work will include:
- Processing journals
- Agresso system administration duties
- Bank reconciliation
- Recharging of costs to other Forces
- Enquiries and reporting using the finance system
- Budget monitoring - small department
The training you will be getting
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
You will be expected to work towards the Accounts Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
You will attain the Accounts Assistant occupational standard upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.