Apprentice Receptionist (Dispensary) Mundesley Medical Centre
This an exciting apprenticeship role for someone who likes people and wants to achieve a customer service qualification. You will be working within our busy dispensary mainly at the reception desk where patients collect their medication. You will also be learning about medication by checking in medication deliveries.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
£200 per week
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
27 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
To work as part of the busy dispensary team providing basic administration support and to develop customer service skills.
· To provide excellent face to face customer service to patients and their representatives the dispensary reception desks.
· Provide assistant to the qualified dispensers by checking and unpacking stock, producing prescriptions and taking telephone messages.
· To develop skills to work as an effective member of the dispensing team.
· To develop administration skills including photocopying, scanning, e-mail communication and filing to support the rest of the team.
· To develop IT skills to produce documents and posters.
· To develop skills to be able to answer and deal with simple medication collection and delivery enquires both face to face, on the telephone and via written/electronic correspondence.
· To input data on to the clinical computer system.
· To adhere to the strict rules on confidentiality.
· Any other duties as requested.
· To complete training requirements and meet deadlines as set by Poultec or the practice.
The training you will be getting
The training for a Customer Service Qualification which is completed at work is delivered by the training provider Poultec training via online learning, tutors and tutor support.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On completion of the apprenticeship they may be an opportunity for continued employment and further training with the possible opportunity to train as qualified dispenser.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.