Apprentice Business, Customer Counter Service/Sales & Yard Operative - Penistone Branch MYERS GROUP 1959 LTD
This role will be both customer facing as well as a hands-on practical position, so with the help of our team this will enable you to learn about products, sales as well as the running of a branch. This gives you a hands-on experience to learn about a business as well as bringing your learning from college into action.
Closing date: today
The wage range is £5.28 to £6.50 per hour, the starting rate is dependant upon experience. The rate of pay will increase after 12 months.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Nov 2023
27 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Applications are invited from individuals who are enthusiastic, have a hands-on approach and wish to develop a long-term career in this industry.
We require you to undertake the Customer Service Standard as we require the candidate to have a customer focussed approach.
The role will involve the following:
- Liaise proactively with customers on a day-to-day basis and undertake all counter sales functions in accordance with Group requirements in order to fulfil their needs
- Ensure all suppliers, customers, visitors and employees comply with the Company Health and Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and develop corporate image and reputation
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity and pricing
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensure that cash and payment systems are followed in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods
- Maximise sales opportunities for related products and Group cross selling, after training
- Communicate and liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Ensure the upkeep of all merchandising to maximise sales, customer satisfaction and appearance
- Attend meetings and group discussions where required
- Chasing up payments
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel
- Lifting may be required as experience will be gained in the day-to-day yard operations
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by the company from time to time, as instructed by or under the direction of your immediate supervisor
As part of your contract of employment, completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development.
The requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions, lessons and work-based training/support sessions
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going
- Access support from your tutor/assessor and manager, when required
The training you will be getting
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical observation
- Professional discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then Level 2 in maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade C/4 or above or Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given time off, one day per week to study; you are required to attend Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre, you will also attend other meetings via Teams to complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent I.T (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.