Apprentice AV/IT CAD Technician SNELLING BUSINESS SYSTEMS LTD
AV/IT CAD Technician to work as part of a team in providing professional AV/IT CAD services drawings to external and internal clients. A chance of being part of a growing and enthusiastic team, within an expanding and cutting-edge industry.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
26 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Within this role the apprentice will be responsible for creating full dimensioned AV/IT drawings to customer specifications, producing documents to comply with industry standards
- The apprentice will be responsible for ‘marking up’ client supplied drawings with AV/IT service requirements
- The apprentice will be responsible for producing ‘proof of concept’ layout drawings to assist with the specification of AV/IT solutions
- The apprentice will assist with the production of schematic diagrams working in conjunction with a systems design engineer
The training you will be getting
- Information Communication technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard
- 1 day a week will be allocated for the apprenticeship training and additional as and when required
- Place of training: at the registered business address
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once the applicant has completed their apprenticeship further specific AV training will be offered including product manufacturer training. The path would allow them to be a fully trained AV design engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
W S TRAINING LTD.
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
The Apprenticeship Team
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.