Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician - Norwich North, Norfolk EAST BILNEY COACHWORKS LIMITED
As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled workforce that is committed to quality, preparing, spraying and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 26 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
29 Jan 2024
26 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Repair of minor scratches and dents.
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing.
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming.
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing.
- Paint detailing and buffing.
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping.
The training you will be getting
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality programme here in our state-of-the-art Bodyshop alongside a highly skilled mentor - both will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle paint technician.
- No college attendance required as training will take place onsite.
- Once the apprenticeship is complete, you will achieve a Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard Vehicle Damage Paint Technician.
- Level 2 maths and English Functional Skills (if not already achieved).
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Following completion of your apprenticeship, you can expect permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress within the company into roles such as Workshop Controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.