Based at the Calgaz Stoke facility, the successful applicant will be trained to carry out repairs and maintenance of all equipment on site. Repairs and maintenance will be both reactive and planned-in, in accordance with the maintenance plan on CMMS.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Jan 2024
26 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The successful applicant will be trained in the following duties (not exhaustive):
- Planned maintenance; servicing and repairs of all equipment on site
- Reactive breakdown maintenance and repairs of all equipment on site
- To keep repairs and servicing in-line with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- To log breakdowns on the company breakdown log
- To help with the control of critical spares
- To help with repairs to vacumn pumps
- To help with the repairs of high pressure gas pipe systems (above 10 bar)
- To help with the repairs to low pressure gas pipe systems (below 10 bar)
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge)
- Functional Skills in maths or English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training at NSEGTA premises where required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to discuss further progression or full-time employment opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.