To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and to help in the general day-to-day activities of the home. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the service user's family.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2024
£11,700.00 (under 18) , £16,255.20 (18+)
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Feb 2024
25 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
- To help care for service users
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- To make and change bed, tidy rooms, do light cleaning and empty commodes
- To inspect, launder and mend service users' clothing
The training you will be getting
- Adult Care Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- A full-time role will be available to the successful candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
P.T.P. TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.