Fenestration Installation Apprentice (Windows) CARLTON PLASTICS (SW) LTD
Carlton Plastics is looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join their team as a Fenestration Installation apprentice in Saltash. The successful applicant will be working within an installation team, paired up with an experienced installer, and given full training on how to fit a variety of windows and doors.
Closing date: 29 Jan 2024
Any overtime above the 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage depending on age. Holiday: 28 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays) will be paid each year, during the course of your apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Jan 2024
25 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Carlton Plastics is looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join their team as a Fenestration Installation apprentice in Saltash.
The Apprentices Role:
- The successful applicant will be working within an installation team
- You will be paired up with an experienced installer, and given full training on how to fit a variety of windows. PVCu doors, composite doors, bi-folds, french doors, and conservatories
- Training will be given on correct installation methods which are in-line with building regulations, as well as Health and Safety regulations
- The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to work on large sites for some of the UK’s largest house builders
- The role offers a great opportunity for progression, alongside training to become a qualified Installer
- You will be using a variety of different tools, including hand and power tools
- The work can involve working at heights, using ladders and scaffolding, and some heavy lifting, so please bear this in mind when applying for the position
- You will be working indoors and outdoors and it can involve some work in various weather conditions
The training you will be getting
Training will include:
- Level 2 Fenestration Installer Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- Emergency First Aid
- Health and Safety Certificate
- Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
- Most aspects of your training will be delivered on-site by the employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity to apply for a full-time post may be offered to the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-1 equivalent to A*-G) Desired
About the employer
CARLTON PLASTICS (SW) LTD
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.