Apprentice Post-Press Print Technician (Level 3) HANDY BRAND UK LTD
You will be part of a small team, working closely with a dedicated staff member to gain a thorough understanding of your role. Adaptability is key. The role includes operating different machinery to create premium product finishes, guillotining labels and swing tags to size and adding drill holes and eyelets to tags.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Salary - £15,000-£16,000 Once employed for a year, you will become part of our Employee Ownership Trust. This allows you to share ownership of a percentage of the business and its profits. You will have the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
25 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Within your post-press role, you will focus on:
- Finishing our printed sticky labels and swing tags
- Operating different machinery to create premium product finishes
- Guillotining labels and swing tags to size
- Adding drill holes and eyelets to tags
- Cutting circular or oval swing tags to the correct shape and size
You will work closely with experienced members of the team to learn the intricacies of your role.
The successful candidate will have an interest in a practical, hands-on role, an interest in the creative sector, the ability to adapt to support our team efficiently, an eye for detail and methodical organisation skills. Feeling comfortable with operating large machinery, excellent communication skills and quick problem-solving capabilities are also desirable.
We are looking for an applicant with a polite, responsible attitude and a willingness to learn from others in a fast-paced environment. If you can use your initiative to think on your feet, have an eye for detail and are honest and trustworthy, you will fit right in!
The training you will be getting
- During this three-year apprenticeship (on average), you will work alongside a dedicated team member, mirroring them and assisting where necessary
- You will also undergo off-the-job training, including research and written tasks, to give you a broader understanding of the print industry
- All off-the-job training will take place in-house, weekly, within your set working hours
- You will be allocated a dedicated BPIF training coordinator to ensure your progress throughout your time as an apprentice
- After successfully completing your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a Level 3 Print Technician (post-press pathway) qualification
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- We would be looking to keep successful apprentices employed within Handy Brand, either as a qualified print finisher or we would explore other avenues within the company
- If staying on with Handy Brand is not part of your career journey, there will be many other options within print you can explore. The print industry is constantly evolving, and your practical skills learnt during this apprenticeship will be transferrable elsewhere
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.