Apprentice Early Years Teaching Assistant KENT COLLEGE, CANTERBURY
You will be supporting the Class Teacher with a variety of day to day tasks, from planning and implementing activities, to general administration. You will be based predominantly in Early Years and be studying the Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard working with children aged 3 to 5 years old.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
24 Dec 2023
04 Oct 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Supporting and assisting 3-5 year old pupils with all areas of the curriculum.
- Maintain records indicating progress made by pupils and any problems that may have arisen.
- Liaise with the class teacher and provide support as required in planning, objective setting, assessment method and feedback on observations made.
- Supervise the setting out and clearing up of materials at the beginning and end of an activity, encouraging children to follow the classroom procedures when required.
- Putting up display material as directed.
- Assist the class teacher in the implementation of suitable programmes and provide support for pupils with specific requirements
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Helping pupils to concentrate and finish work
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures
The training you will be getting
The successful candidate will be studying towards the Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
You will be required to attend online workshops, once a month in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The possibility of securing a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
KENT COLLEGE, CANTERBURY
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.