Demolition Operative Apprentice MAYLARCH ENVIRONMENTAL LTD
To assist in setting up site including Heras fencing, appropriate barriers, segregate work areas, erecting suitable signage in appropriate locations. Demolition operative Level 2 (GCSE) apprenticeship.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
22 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To carry out hand demolition of load-bearing walls with an understanding of temporary propping requirements, concrete & suspended floors.
- To Remove roof coverings.
- To dismantle timber & steel roof frames.
- To understand salvageable materials and process to prepare bricks, timber etc for re-use
- To advise Supervisor of onsite disputes, programme, or any other issues relating to the works on site.
- To select suitable hand or powered tools for tasks.
- To carry out required pre-use checks on equipment they are authorised to operate or use.
- To ensure that plant, tools and equipment are looked after, cleaned (de-contaminated if appropriate) and transported in accordance with the procedures prior to off hiring or placing back in stores.
The training you will be getting
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION:
- Demolition Operative Level 2
- Level 1 and/or 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector, upon successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LONDON SOUTH EAST COLLEGES
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.