An excellent opportunity is available for an Early Years Apprentice to join Care with Cuddles Nursery. You support the existing team to plan and provide a programme of activities for children from babies to 4 years’ old and support childcare practitioners and senior staff in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the nursery.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
Salary can be negotiated dependant on the candidates age/previous experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
22 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To assist with and provide safe, high quality care and play based education for young children whilst meeting the individual needs of every child attending the setting.
- To show initiative when assisting with the daily routine and daily activities and to have the ability to observe children’s next steps in learning and plan for this appropriately.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- To provide the highest standard of care to all children in a safe, caring and stimulating environment.
- To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To work in partnership with parents ensuring continuity of care for their children.
- To communicate verbally on a daily basis with parents with regard to their child’s welfare and development.
- To communicate effectively to the Nursery Manager/Deputy over any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard.
Training will be delivered in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate, a full time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Care with Cuddles
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.