Apprentice Wireless Technology Technician COTEL TELECOM (UK) RENTAL
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an apprentice Wireless Technology Technician. You'll learn how to program, service and install all types of wireless technology equipment, radio communications, microwave, CCTV and data tracking products, as well as gaining flexible and valuable skillsets within the IT and Telecom fields.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2024
Wage will increase upon completing the apprenticeship. Pension scheme from the age of 22.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Sep 2024
22 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The apprentice may start at any time prior to the starting date. The apprentice will learn and undertake the following:
- Operating, programming and servicing all types of radio communications and repeater systems
- Configuring and servicing CCTV cameras, wireless links and other hardware
- Assisting with the testing, repairing and maintenance of electronic systems
- Installing and uninstalling equipment in vehicles, heavy mobile plant, machinery and office environments
- Adhering to safe working practices, health and safety
- Liaising with other members of your team effectively
- Working with electrical wiring, cutting tools, multimeters and soldering electronic components
- Using power tools, lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, working at heights, Mobile Elevated Working Platforms
- File management, completing forms, documenting procedures
- Using a range of computer software
- Updating the company website and social media
The training you will be getting
- Functional skills in English and maths if required
- You will complete an online portfolio during work hours
- As a result you will achieve a Radio Network Technician Level 3 qualification
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The apprenticeship will provide a wide range of skills to allow the apprentice to progress within a full-time role within the company if they prove to be the right candidate, or to pursue a career within the IT and Telecommunications industries.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE COLLEGES' PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Radio network technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.