During your apprenticeship you will be guided through styling, cutting and colouring techniques preparing you for your end assessment. We will also give you lots of extra training on colour techniques like balayage and colour blocking. As we keep up to date with latest trends you can be confident that you’ll gain relevant and usable experience.
Closing date: 16 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 38.25
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
20 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Preparing the salon for clients
- Dusting retail shelves and ensuring they’re fully stocked
- Ensure all areas and equipment are clean
- Sweeping floors
- Washing cups
- Cleaning tint bowls & tint brushes
- Cleaning styling brushes
- Shampooing hair/taking colour off
- Making refreshments for clients
- Greeting all clients in a warm welcoming manner
- Notify the correct member of staff if stock levels are low on shampoo etc.
- Listening to consultations and making suggestions if appropriate
- Learning the salon and home care ranges and suggesting appropriate products for clients
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Qualification
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
As a salon we believe that you are always learning as we’re in an ever-changing industry. We would like to take on someone who also shares these values and therefore would be looking at continuing onto their Level 3 once Level 2 is completed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C+) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.