A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in the world of Childcare. Offering a vibrant working atmosphere with passionate owners, this is a great chance to work with children and make a difference. You will receive an Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Qualification.
Closing date: 16 Jan 2024
£6.50 - £7 (25% more than the average apprenticeship wage) this will be adjusted accordingly.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
20 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
During your time at School of Play you will be working with children age 3 - 11.
- You will be expected to help plan and set up activities for the children (following EYs guidelines provided by Ofsted)
- At both breakfast and afterschool club, we provide snack which is prepared by the staff and it works on a rota basis, so it is divided fairly
- At the setting the children will have their 'key person' this person will be expected to communicate with the child, with the parents and with school staff where necessary, they are also expected to do observations which will be logged through the child's Tapestry account
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- First aid qualification
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- How training will be delivered is to be confirmed
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full-time positions within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.