Trenython Manor at Tywardreath are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Commis Chef Apprentice. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills and gain an insight into the industry. Trenython offer formal and casual dining, serving guests both local and from all over the world. Duties include service on either starters/desserts section and creating following day prep lists for section.
Closing date: 11 Dec 2023
Monthly tips in addition to salary
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
15 Jan 2024
19 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Daily duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Mise en place of service
- Service on either starters/desserts section
- Completing health and safety paperwork
- Personal development training
- Maintaining cleanliness
- Creating following day prep lists for section
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- You will receive on and off-the-job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to join the team in a full-time position.
There may also be the opportunity for further training and development.
Trenython strive to promote within the existing team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.