Ditchingham Day Nursery is a fantastic rural nursery offering Forest School and the Curiosity Approach. The apprentice will help to plan and supervise fun and educational activities, observe children, take part in feeding and changing duties, communicate with parents and staff members, and ensure the safety of the children.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Pay is £240 per week for a 30 hour week or £296 for a 37 hour week.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 May 2024
4 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- To assist in the setting up and clearing away of all activities and equipment.
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities.
- To be involved in activity planning and record keeping.
- To attend training as requested: safeguarding, Paediatric First Aid, EYFS training and any other training available through Norfolk County Council.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times.
- To support the work and beliefs of the setting by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults.
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all children attending the setting.
- To be flexible with the working practices of the setting.
- To be prepared to help in any areas of the setting, with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the manager or owner.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end of the apprenticeship, apprentices will achieve the following:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification.
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF).
For the End Point Assessment (EPA) apprentices will undertake a knowledge test and a professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio.
Apprentices must attend college sessions once a fortnight at the Ipswich Road campus, located near Norwich city centre.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
City College Norwich Apprenticeships Team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.