Plumbing Heating Gas Apprenticeship Whitfield Plumbing & Heating
Whether you are brand new to the industry or have some experience, we can provide all the training required to transform you into a well-respected and highly skilled plumbing & heating engineer. You will work on general plumbing repairs & maintenance and central heating servicing & installation.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.0
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
02 Feb 2024
19 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
We are open to all ages so if you think you have what it takes to become part of the team at Shropshire's leading businesses then apply today.
- 4 days per week hands-on experience working within customers’ homes learning: Plumbing, Heating, Gas, Oil & LPG
- General plumbing repairs & maintenance
- Central heating servicing & installation
- Boiler servicing & installation
- Bathrooms & kitchen installation
The training you will be getting
- 1 day per week at college undertaking a Level 3 Plumbing & Heating qualification
- Within 2 years you will be a fully qualified plumber
- Progression once qualified would be to continue gaining new qualifications including Gas, LPG & Oil
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
If you work hard and dedicate yourself 100% to completing your apprenticeship, we will offer you a full-time employed job, company van & the opportunity to possibly train your own apprentice.
Typical salary for an employee with 5 years’ experience at Whitfield's would earn £40,000 - £50,000 per year.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/5) Essential
About the employer
SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Plumbing and domestic heating technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.