Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice at The Green Door Nursery CARLA FREEMAN
Whilst undertaking an apprenticeship at The Green Door Nursery the need is to support to other team members throughout the nursery. Provide an enabling environment in which all children can play, learn and develop. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
Monday evening one hour staff meeting. 28 days paid holiday including bank and public holidays - pro rata if part time Up to £22,308 full time for Level 2 Qualified apprentice training for Level 3
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
18 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interests of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- The apprentice 's duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with Inclusion policy
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can you help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To advise manager/deputy/room leader of any concerns, e.g., over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g., training, monthly staff meetings etc.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment
- For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language
- Apprentices must successfully complete a paediatric first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
- You will be required to complete Functional Skills mathematics and English (where applicable), Employment Rights and Responsibilities and British Values
- Location: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College - Filton Campus
- Duration: 18-24 months
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Full-time permanent position may be offered to the right candidate on the successful completion of apprenticeship; progression to higher education or role will be discussed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Grade Pass or above) Essential
About the employer
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.