Stone Marine Shipcare are looking to recruit an apprentice to join our administration team and to assist in the day-to-day running of the service department and fulfilling project requirements (jobs from beginning to end as allocated).
Closing date: 03 Oct 2023
‘Rising dependent on age’
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
04 Oct 2023
18 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- General administration task
- Reception duties - taking messages
- Issuing quotations, compiling job paperwork
- Reviewing all ongoing jobs and outstanding enquiries
- Completion of database
- Compile risk assessments and method statements relevant to each job
- Arrange for service reports to be completed, compiled and presented to the Service Support Manager
- To liaise with classification society surveyors and customers, resolving any ongoing job-related issues that may arise on assigned jobs
- To be familiar with and apply all the company’s adopted rules, policies and procedures, as outlined in the company handbook
- To attend regular update meetings
- To carry out any related task, responsibility or assignment upon request
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, including:
- Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
- End-Point Assessment
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.