Observing and assisting with the overall running of the salon. Welcoming clients, carrying out treatments, maintaining a clean working environment, promoting retail products and updating client information.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
5 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Be proactive in approach to your work and the salon
- Attend the workplace/training on time and show excellent attendance
- Front of house: welcome clients, provide refreshments in a polite, courteous and professional manner
- Carry out treatments (shampoo, etc.) in accordance with training, ensuring patch test is given to clients for colour services
- Identify and promote retail products suited to client needs
- Gather and update client information on booking software, including notes and colour service, patch tests, receive payments from clients
- Maintain a clean working environment at all times and undertake general cleaning duties especially at the start and end of each day, i.e. cleaning mirrors, reception, shelves, floors, brushes and items used by stylists including their stations after client services
- Be proactive and flexible when receiving or organising internal or external training
- Book client’s appointments with efficient time allocated for each appointment, for each stylist, using the company software
- Actively promote Tom Ashley Limited and its products in a positive manner and maintain a good reputation
- Attend team meetings, target reviews and professional development meetings, identifying any training needs
Service Delivery Responsibilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, internal and external suppliers within the salon environment
- Refer client complaints to senior/director
- Adhere to uniform, appear presentable and professional at all times
- Be confident in working independently, using initiative where required
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation and industry codes of practice and guidelines
- Be mindful of the health & safety of everyone in the salon environment, including yourself and visitors and to inform senior/director of any concerns
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Support and assist any stylist tasks
- Treat all property of Tom Ashley Limited with care including equipment
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including social media policy and use of phones
- Carry out any other tasks reasonably assigned to you
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards completing Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship Standard.
Attendance at Hertford Regional College one day per week to achieve Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This post is an apprenticeship and is for the fixed term of the duration of the apprenticeship.
We encourage our apprentices to seek permanent employment with Tom Ashley Limited, but we are not able to guarantee a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-D (9-3)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.