Clerical Assistant Apprentice The Reginald Mitchell Primary School
To work under the direction and guidance of senior staff to provide general clerical, administrative and financial support to the school. Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries. The ideal candidate should be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work under the direction and guidance of senior staff to provide general clerical, administrative and financial support to the school. Support to Pupils, Parents and the Community.
- Undertake reception duties, answer routine telephone and face to-face enquiries and sign in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties; liaise with parents/staff etc.
- Assist in arrangements for school trips and events etc.
- Provide routine clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing routine forms, responding to routine correspondence
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Undertake routine administrative procedures e.g. Attendance procedures, transport arrangements and catering arrangements including charging
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required including the school archive register and asset register annual check
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
- 20% off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This could lead to a permanent position in any of the schools in the Trust.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
The Apprenticeship Hub
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.