Ford Masters Light Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship (Ashford) Haynes Bros. Ltd.
You will be working alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance.
- Observing and assisting technicians.
- Commercial Vehicle technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Commercial Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance.
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Receive Level 3 Light Vehicle qualification
- Will attend Henry Ford Academy on block release
- Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority including a Master Technician.
- The opportunities are endless.
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through the dealership or working on large military vehicles in the Armed Forces.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Light Vehicle (Grade Pass) Essential
About the employer
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.