Teaching Assistant Apprentice Litcham School - Primary Phase
Do you love the idea of working with children? Are you passionate about learning? Could you make a difference to the lives of the children in our school? This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen apprentice to join our friendly and supportive team and train with us. With us, you will study and gain a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
First Year Salary - £5.28 per hour, Term time + 2 weeks + holiday pay = 45.60 weeks paid per year. Annual salary - £7223, Monthly salary - £602. Second Year Salary - National minimum age range
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support teaching and learning within the school through working with individuals and groups as directed by the teacher in charge
- Monitor individual pupil’s progress, achievements, problems, conditions, and development needs reporting to the responsible teacher as appropriate
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities in the classroom
- Form positive and effective relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors, and members of the wider community so the ethos of the school is reflected in the way we work together
- Prepare and maintain equipment and teaching resources for lessons and activities and the display and presentation of pupil’s work
- Use appropriate skills to help all pupils to make progress and feel happy safe in school
- Become an active part of our team, prepared to go the extra mile for the benefit of our school community
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant, Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Support provided by mentors in the workplace
- 1:1 support and coaching by the training provider
- regular attendance to workshops delivered either online, classroom or both
- Support with maths and English level 2 if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprentices who have completed their training and course with us have gone on to permanent positions, further evidence of the strength of the course and the training you will receive at our school
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - C / 4 - 9 (Level 2)) Desired
About the employer
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.