We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Apprentice ICT Technician to develop practical technical and commercial skills, working as part of a small team for our award-winning holiday park business across 8 locations.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
£11.25 per hour
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an interesting and varied role with opportunities to progress with a range of different technical projects. To assist in delivery, you should have an excellent approach to customer service. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing 1st, 2nd and ultimately 3rd line support across our 8 locations
- Supporting the business functions which rely on the provision of ICT systems
- Assisting to reduce the impact of any service problems
- Maintaining excellent user satisfaction
- Receiving and resolving problems by telephone, remote working, email and face to face contact with customers or colleagues
- Assisting with hardware and software installation, documentation and support
- Working with and advising users in accordance with internal ICT policies
- Other duties assigned by the ICT Support Manager or a Director
We offer excellent technical training which is sure to help develop your career
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to a full time job role for successful candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.