This is a great and exciting opportunity for a candidate who wants to learn general office duties and gain confidence and experience in customer service and sales ledger. The first step into an office admin and account’s role will vary as no two days are the same.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Helping customers on the phone with enquiries
- Booking engineer visits for services or return visits/installations
- Updating GES and Sage with correct information
- Creating Invoices
- Chasing outstanding payments
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Typing covering letters
- Manual Filing
- Email Filing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Apprentice will work towards their Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator Level 3
- The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work-based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course
- This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression into further accounts, moving onto Purchase Ledger along with understanding Trial Balance and the Analysis of it
- Creating journals for misallocations and keeping the Age Debtors to a minimum
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Ruby or Margaret in the Apprenticeships Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.