As an Apprentice Hair professional you will be involved in the day to day running off the salon. Duties will include covering salon reception, shampooing, blow drying when appropriate, tea and coffee making, sweeping the floor and keeping the salon tidy.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
You may received tips as part of the role.
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
15 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main duties will include:
- Greeting clients in a friendly manner and maintaining exceptional service
- Assisting with reception duties
- Managing appointment bookings
- Maintaining the salon to ensure high standards of hygiene and helping with the smooth running of the salon
- Shampooing, conditioning and blow- drying hair and conditioning treatments
- Cutting hair using a range of techniques
- Learning to assist with hair consultations
- Styling and finishing hair to create looks
- Colouring and lightening hair using a range of techniques
- Looking after clients and take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Following safe working practices, and legal, industry and company standards, protocols and procedures
- Learning to promote yourself, your organisation, products and services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- If not already achieved, Level 1-2 in English and maths
- The Hair ProfessionaL L2 Apprenticeship involves weekly attendance at City College Norwich
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A position may be available for the right candidate following successful completion of the apprenticeship. The business is looking for somebody who wants to develop and gain a position following their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE NORWICH
The Apprenticeships Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.