Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship - Ford & Slater Newark FORD & SLATER LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. Working alongside qualified technicians who will be dealing with all aspects of the maintenance and repair of heavy vehicles.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity to work for DAF as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality.
The course is fully supported with all of the training you require to become fully qualified. With the rapid increase in the complexity of today’s trucks – and the technology needed to keep them up and running – first class training for those involved in the vital servicing and maintenance of these vehicles has become more important than ever.
The DAF Apprentice Programme gives you the chance to join the select group of specialist technicians working on some of the most modern, sophisticated trucks on the road.
The day to day tasks include:
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Following health and safety procedures
- All aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician level 3.
- Full training will be provided, no skills required, apart from excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A keen interest in heavy vehicles
- The employer is looking for an apprentice that is very hard working and motivated to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths are preferable
- DAF believes in providing an extensive, high quality apprenticeship which gives their apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry
Things to consider
- When on a DAF apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year, for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
DAF believes in providing an extensive, high quality apprenticeship which gives their apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
FORD & SLATER LIMITED
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.