Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Level 2 HALIFAX RACK & SCREW CUTTING CO LTD
Halifax Rack & Screw are looking to recruit an Apprentice Machinist who will learn the programming, setting and operating of CNC milling / rack cutting machines, and will work towards a Engineering Operative Level 2 apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 36.75
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for programming, setting and operating of cnc milling/rack cutting machines
- Ability to problem solve
- Programming to customer drawings
- Ability to producing finished components to quality requirements
- Preferably experienced in Haas and Siemens controls
- To attend and complete any training courses if required
- Experience of working with volume, small batches and single components
- Can work to tight limits in a high precision environment
- Workshop housekeeping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Operative Level 2 which includes:
- Diploma in engineering operations (skills) level 2
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge) level 2
- 1 day per week at Bradford College
- 4 days per week in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employement within the business and progession onto level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.