Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - Stone Lodge School Stone Lodge School
As part of a level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship the jobholder will work in collaboration with class teachers to support the learning of students, some of whom have Special Educational Needs (SEN). To provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
04 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Help adapt and organise learning activities for students according to their needs and abilities, under the direction of the class teacher / SENCO
- To assist in the development of appropriate resources, and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified student’s learning needs
- Deliver learning activities for individuals and small groups of students under the professional direction and supervision of the SENCO
- To contribute to creating a purposeful and supportive learning environment
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities / teaching programmes as appropriate, adjusting activities to ensure achievement of learning goals
- To assist in monitoring and evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis, updating them of their child’s progress andmdiscussing any concerns that have arisen
- Promote positive behaviour around the school in line with the school’s Behaviour Blueprint
- Support students’ social and emotional well-being, recognising signs of emotional concern, offering reassurance, and reporting concerns to the teacher or Safeguarding Lead as appropriate
- Promote student inclusion within the school, supporting and encouraging communication, learning and social skills
- Carry out administrative duties, such as preparing resources, including filing, display making and presentation of students’ work
- Assist with break / lunch-time supervision including facilitating activities where required
- Participate in training and performance development programs as required
- Attend staff meetings and coaching and / or supervision
- To be a good role model in speaking and listening, using correct grammar
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards your Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification across a total duration of 16 months
- Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)
- All online / remote learning, no class room or college day release. An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time position to be considered upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.