A brilliant opportunity to work for a forward thinking school as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. We are a friendly and hard working team, with fantastic children. You will support children’s learning in class, with groups and individual children. You will get the opportunity to work in both Park Hall Infant Academy and Park Hall Junior Academy.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
£7.50 per hour
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
31 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
SUPPORT FOR PUPILS
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
SUPPORT FOR THE CURRICULUM
- Support pupils to understand instructions
- Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies and interventions e.g. EAL, G & T, literacy, numeracy, as directed by the teacher
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
SUPPORT FOR THE SCHOOL
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required, within normal contractual hours
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching assistant apprenticeship level 3 standard
- 1-1 sessions with assessor coach in the workplace
- Weekly off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is potentially a permanent Level 3 Teaching Assistant position on successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.