A pharmacy based in Wakefield are hoping to recruit a hard-working and determined candidate to work within their small team of qualified professionals, as an apprentice pharmacy assistant. The role will involve supporting patient consultations and dispensing medicine (after training). Potential progression to Level 3 Technician afterwards.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
14 Sep 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties include but not limited to:
- Support with patient consultations
- Dispensing medicine (after training)
- General admin
- Dealing with counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and pharmacy-specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy services assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point assessment (EPA)
- In-house training provided by employer
- GPhC approved Dispensing and MCA qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time role for the right person or further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship. (Please note for this qualification you will need English/maths and two sciences at grade C/4, equivalent and above).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)